Mac computers come with a built in mail app similar to Microsoft Outlook. A lot of our Mac customers choose to hook their email account up to the Mac Mail app on their device, as it allows them to have a unified inbox with all of their other email addresses as well. In order to hook your TSD provided email account up to your MacOS Mail app, follow these instructions:
- Open the Mail app on your Mac.
- Click on "Mail" in the top bar at the leftmost side, and then select "Add Account..."
- Select "Other Mail Account..." and click "Continue" (Please note, you can NOT use "Exchange" on a Mac computer).
- Enter your full name, email address, and password, and click "Sign In".
- Fill in "pidgey.thoughtspacedesigns.com" under both "Incoming Mail Server" and "Outgoing Mail Server", and select IMAP from the Account Type list.
- Enter your email address in the "username" field and click "Sign In".
- On the following page, select the services you would like to use from the list. You'll only have Mail and Notes as options. After selecting, click "Done"
At this point, your new account should be set up. We recommend that you test sending and receiving an email to and from the account to another email account you have in order to make sure things are working properly. If you need any help getting things set up, please don't hesitate to open a support ticket!
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback